Abstract Horse Painting Two in a Dead Run by Texas Contemporary Artist Laurie Pace



Two in a Dead Run
30 x 40 inches Acrylic Overlays on Canvas
Contact me if you are interested: Laurie  
© Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011

Dead Run

I had absolutely no idea the Dead Run was a noun.  The original of this noun was 1885 era.
–noun
a steady run at top speed: The centerfielder caught the ball on the dead run.
My brain is having a time wrapping around that one.  I entitled this painting Two on a Dead Run because of the energy of the horses trying to edge each other out.  There is strength pitted against conflict in the composition of these two horses vying for the lead. They are both in a dead run almost like Terry describes Italian car racing... you are in the zone... you never look backwards. 

Laurie        

I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest -- and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man."  Proverbs 24:30-34
 
GALLERY LINKS


Discover Equine Art, Horse Paintings, Contemporary Horse Paintings, Abstract Horse Paintings, Realistic Horse Paintings as International Artists posting daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Equine Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you used the checker board on this one, and the linear use of color. Another one to love Laurie.

    ReplyDelete