Spirit of the Race by Kay Wyne

Spirit of the Race
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Spirited Horse Painting
This painting was inspired by a photograph that I took at the Lone Star Race Track in Grand Prairie, Texas. It was a very warm and sunny day, and all of the jockeys in colorful jerseys really caught my eye. There were seven horses out of the gate on this race, but I decided to focus on two horses for this painting. I had the starting gates painted in, but decided that the background needed to leave more to the imagination of the viewer's eye. I did not want to give away too much information. So, I focused on the horses and the energy on the track. I used wide brushes, oil pastels sticks and the palette knife.
Close-up. This painting is too wet to move off the easel. I will take a better photograph of it in natural light once it dries. Thanks for looking at my art.....Kay at 214-532-0325
Discover Equine Art, Horse Paintings, Contemporary Horse Paintings, Abstract Horse Paintings, Realistic Horse Paintings as International Artists posting daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Equine Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment