Summer Herd 2013 Contemporary Horse Paintings #6 Contemplation by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

# 6 Contemplation Summer Herd 2013 
8 x 10 inches Acrylic on Canvas. 

Years ago in high school I was known for my pen and ink drawings. I loved my Rapidograph pens.  I had several points and many cartridges and could sit for hours doing my pen work.  I have debated doing more again and that was the slight inspiration to this  small summer herd painting. I would never do these on a large scale because of the work of Amy Ringholz as it is too close to the signature style she uses.

If I return to my pen and ink it will be just pen and ink on paper.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy working on this beauty. It is from a photo I took of Ms Victoria's horses in Mt Vernon and a pose I liked so well I have done two horses from it for this series. You will see the other one in a few days.



Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist
Golden Pond Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment