Summer Winds Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

Summer Winds
40 x 40 inches Oil on Canvas. 


Summer Winds was quite a progressive Horse Painting. I began by rotating my canvas on the easel a quarter turn at a time and working the entire canvas with layers of paint. After I covered the entire surface I immediately knew what I saw in the painting. These are not normal palette colors for me, but I was pulled strongly to thinking of summer winds and how when they are strong they feel like they could blow right through you. They become a part of who you are. Same in the painting... the summer winds are not cold, but they move through each horse in the herd with the layers of paint weaving it all together.  

This piece is at MIrada Fine Art in Denver.
Contact Steve Sonnen if you are interested in this horse painting.


Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist
Golden Pond Studio



GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment