Progress with beginnings of Whirlwind, Contemporary Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


© G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2014


  

Whirlwind 
24 x 36 inches Oil on Canvas. Available
Email me if you are interested in this painting.

I sketched this on a canvas early fall. As I return to the studio, I pulled it out and put it on my easel. I picked up my bible and began to graze through the familiar words and my journey took me to 2 Kings and first paragraph in this chapter where Elijah has been told he will go to heaven in a whirlwind.  It reminded me of how we all will die one day and we do not ever know how or when. Only God knows.  So as I work on this painting, it will be inspired by this reading this morning.


The first layers are rubbed in with Acrylics sealing the canvas and preparing the under foundations of the painting. 

And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.  2 Kings 2:1 




Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment