Abstract Horse Art by Oklahoma Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy "Native Rain Flyer"


© "Native Rain Flyer"
I painted this when Oklahoma was in severe drought and horrid unrelenting heat, day after day of over 100 degrees. I had tried all the usual to get some rain, laundry, washing the truck and leaving the window open, dancing out in the yard- nothing worked. So I took it upon myself to paint my plea, a painted paso fino with symbols I felt spoke of rain, and a Phoenix bird to transform the earth from dry to wet by taking the message of need to the heavens from whence rain falls. Amazingly it WORKED! It sold right away, and it was a continued miracle because the Oklahoman who bought it also got rain. "Native Rain Flyer" is done with acrylics. Sold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment