Art by Abstract Contemporary Oklahoma Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy


"Water Gets You Rett"
Going to revisit one of my personal favorites, "Water Gets You Rett". This was a resulting painting from a P2P (photo to painting) contest I had with paso fino breed friends. The theme was paso's and water. I knew the moment I saw the photo that inspired this that that was the one I'd do- it was such a strong photo to me. I greatly enjoy having it hang in my art room, I don't tire of seeing it there. 
Having those contests, and I've had quite a few in the past, did several good things. It created a cohesive camaraderie amongst the breed enthusiasts, sharing photos created excitement and pride for the photo submitters, I got a following and happy collectors, and freely given (with permission of course) many great reference photos. If I had more time, I would do another P2P again, maybe soon? Guess I'll use the time I have until then to come up with a theme. 

Visit me at:  jonellet-mccoy.squarespace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment