Art by Oklahoma Abstract Contemporary Equine Artist Jonelle T. McCoy


photo © Jonelle T. McCoy

A muse. What is that exactly? The definition I find and like in part is as follows: a woman, or a force personified as a woman, who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist." I kind of like that, a muse has a feminine persona and influence. But, what if the source of my inspiration is of male gender? I still believe it's the intuitive nature of being a woman that shapes it and drives it. My muse is our Paso Fino stallion Adonis. That's not his registered name, but the one we gave him, his barn name. It's unquestionably perfect for him, he is a golden god. The camera loves him, my husband loves him, I love him and my canvases love him. So I'm sharing with you a photo of when we first got him. His mane was partially rubbed out, we didn't even know he had 4 white anklets since he was living in a tiny pen full of mud. His beauty astounded us and he's never failed to make us regret having him. Powerful, yet kind, sensitive, intelligent. Though all male, he is this woman artists muse.  

Jonelle T. McCoy
McCoy's Gaited Horse Artworks
Your Equine Art Connection! 
mccoysgaitedhorseartworks.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment